Thursday, December 30, 2010

English Girls' College (EGC)

I was following the reaction to the education minister's decree to change the name & educational system of several schools in Alexandria, and the hoopla that followed the court verdict which revoked the decree. 

And while I felt it was a good thing to have activism that stands in the face of random decisions by any authority, I wasn't too excited since I felt it was too little too late. Wish the schools were saved years ago before "they paved paradise to put up a parking lot .....".

Also, and since my level of mistrust of our government is truly high, I thought that the reaction concentrated on the change to the school’s name & educational system, when the real motive behind this whole fiasco decree could have been an introduction to a covert plan to sell the schools’ vast & prime location grounds to the highest bidders (our highest bribe payers).

No comments: