A few ideas for action by us, Egyptian Muslims:
- Take turns acting as human shields around Churches, especially on the 6th & 7th of January (I know this would take a lot of courage, but it would be useful to know how Christians feel every time they go to their churches to pray to the same God we worship).
- Start a campaign with the slogan "In Egypt, the crescent protects the cross"
- Speak out against hate talk, whether it is by a member of our family, a friend, a sheikh, or a public figure
- Create a Facebook groups & websites to promote love between all Egyptians & to expose anyone guilty of hate talk.
- Support Christians in gaining equal rights as full citizens (it's true that we Muslims are not treated as full citizens either, but that's a different story).
I am sure each one of us can come up with more ideas, meaning there's a lot to do.