Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Book Club

I am starting a book club. If you're interested, here is the first book on my list: Inside Egypt: The Land of the Pharaohs on the Brink of a Revolution by John R. Bradley.

"Published today in the United States by Palgrave Macmillan, has been called by Kirkus Reviews "a blistering overview of what it's like to live in this autocratic, hopelessly corrupt society ... terrifically well told and extremely sobering", while Library Journal described the book as "a devastating critique of the current Egyptian dictatorial government. Bradley's book looks set to frame the debate about Egypt in the United States as the country enters a period of social and political instability. Inside Egypt has already been the subject of full-page features in Al-Masry Al-Youm and Al-Dustour, two of Egypt's main independent newspapers, and another independent Egyptian newspaper, Al-Badil, is set to run a full-page review." Click here for the complete review on eMediaWire.

I did not read the book yet, so I'm only recommending it because it is about my beloved Egypt. I have no evil intentions or hidden agendas (I wish you could see me as I am typing this to check the innocent look on my innocent face).

For more information about Inside Egypt, please visit the author's website: www.johnrbradley.com

No comments: