Sunday, June 8, 2008

Barack Obama at AIPAC

I received the following YouTube link of Obama in AIPAC from my Noona. I had seen a small portion of it on TV hours after he won the nomination of the Democratic Party but I actually switch channels cause it was just painful to watch.

In case you don't know what AIPAC is, please allow me. AIPAC (American - Israeli Public Affairs Committee) is the most visible organ of the 'Zionist lobby' (I insist on calling it Zionist and not Jewish) which has a vast influence on US foreign policy, and that in consequence US foreign policy is pro-Israel to the point of absurdity.

If any Arab or Muslim had any doubts about Obama's position regarding Israel, this video should put those doubts to rest. He made it very clear which Mecca he faces when he is praying in the House of Politics.

So watch for as long as you could but do quit if you start feeling nauseous. In any case, the first couple of minutes summarizes it all, so there is no need for excessive self torture : Click Here.

If you are in a real hurry and would like the highlights, here are some remarkable quotes:
  • Today I'll be speaking from my heart as a true friend of Israel (keda 3ala balata a7san)
  • I understood the Zionist idea, that there is always a homeland at the center of the story (but he cannot understand that there is also a homeland at the center of the Palestinian cause??)
  • We must mean what we say when we speak the words "never again" (but that does not apply to Palestinian, Iraqi, Afghani,....women, men & children??)
  • Not when there are maps across the middle east that do not acknowledge Israel existence (but it is OK to erase and deny the existence of 5 million Palestinian People??)
  • I long understood Israel quest for peace and need for security (Why didn't anyone wake me up?? When did this happen??)
  • I spoke to Israeli troops who faced daily treats (BY WHOM??? Stone throwing kids?? As far as I know, the Egyptian army is busy making bread!!!)
  • I talked to people who wanted nothing more simple or more illusive than a secure future for their children (and none of those stupid Arabs want this for their children too??)
  • I am proud to be part of a bipartisan consensus that stood by Israel against all threats (laka antafkhara!!!!)
Sorry, I cannot do anymore.

To end on a positive note, I have to say that I loved Eisenhower's idea of ordering Germans to tour the Nazi concentration camps to see what was being done in their name, and of ordering the American troops to tour the camps so they can see the evil they are fighting against.

I wish we can organise similar tours to teh Palestinian territories for the American people so that they can see what is being done in their name, and to the Arab leaders so they can see the evil they are befriending.

One final note. On winning his party's nomination, the first thing that Obama did wasn't assuring middle and lower class Americans who are hit hard by the economic crisis, that they will be his first priority, and that he will turn things around for them, he instead went to AIPAC to assure his Zionist friends that Israel interests are his highest priority. Yet, I am not aware that this offended any Americans.

I wonder why & how is it OK with educated, intelligent, proud, hard working, tax paying American citizens that their political leaders repeatedly put the Zionist lobby ahead of them.

And if any wise guy suggests that Arab people are not their leader's highest priority either, I simply say: "we never voted for them!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gamda gamda gamda!

kida bardoo ya obama. ana kont fakir inina so7ab..