Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bothaina Kamel

I am ambivalent about Bothaina Kamel, the journalist & host of the TV program "Argouk Ifhamni". I strongly agree with most of the ideas she expresses bravely on her program or in her articles. I also have a lot of respect for her involvement in political and social work, her strong support of worthy causes such as "The Egyptians Against Corruption Campaign", and her genuine concern for the well fair of my beloved Egypt.

On the other hand, I have a huge problem with her. No, it's not that she sometimes interrupts her guests (although she really needs to work on that), it's a more serious problem. Well, to avoid being called a Dram Queen, here is my confession (and you can consider this "I3terafat Layleya") . I am jealous of Buthaina Kamel since my husband thinks that she is really really hot.

So you can imagine the scene in our TV room on Thursday nights. My husband & I are sitting in our favorite seats in front of the TV waiting for the program to start. The anticipation is high. I want to find out:
  • What is the topic of today's discussion and who is her guest?
While my husband is dying to see:
  • What is she wearing?
You guessed it right. My husband prefers to watch the program when Cairo is hot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will tell you sometime soon when we meet isA about BK the hypocrite, loud, outspoken and rude person. That's what she's like when she knows she's not on air. Let me tell you someone who enters uninvited into a conversation is definitely not hot!
Noran

Dyaneetha said...

salam. oh so this is her pic..the one that my husband told me, about the hot tv presenter.. but i never watch her on air.. i wish.. :D

Anonymous said...

salam. oh so this is her pic..the one that my husband told me, about the hot tv presenter.. but i never watch her on air.. i wish.. :D

nahoul said...

Girls,

Looks like we can start a "I hate Buthayna Kamel Club".

Thank you for your comments. I feel much better.