Here are the top ten things that don't make much sense to me:
- Religions that were sent to promote love, unity, benevolence, justice, respect, and the highest moral and social values be transformed into weapons of hatred and prejudice!
- Perpetrators of the murder of a single soul are punished by the death penalty, while mass murders (of thousand of innocent civilians in unjustified wars, thousands of children by senseless embargoes, hundreds in sunk fairies, millions from malnutrition and curable diseases, millions from pollution & the effects of climate change, ..) continue to be free and to reap the fruits of the highest political and corporate positions!
- Death is the only certainty of life, yet people who enjoy immense power (the rulers, the rich, the privileged, the cops, the soldiers,...) act like they will live forever!
- Many victims of injustice, violence, and discrimination (mostly men who are victimized by despot rulers, bosses, and/or parents, and Jews who were victimized by the Europeans) become the worst offenders of injustice, violence and discrimination against other humans who are weaker than them ! (mainly women & children by men, and Palestinians by Zionists)
- Rich people hold extravagant parties to feed their rich friends who can easily afford buying all the food they want and are usually on or pretend to be on diets, thus most of the food ends up in the garbage, while one sixth of the world population is hungry!
- Banks slamming owners of humble bank accounts with debit & transfer fees, while exempting those with fat accounts from such charges. Banks also happily lend obscene amounts of money (which they got from their less fortunate customers) to the filthy rich to get even richer, but refuse to lend the poor to help them get out of poverty! (Mohammed Yunus's bank and those modeled after it are the exception)
- Arabs read no more than four pages per year (yes 4 pages), and publish one new title each year for every 12,000 people, in spite of the fact that the Muslims majority know that the very first command revealed in the Quran is "READ"!!
- Despite approaching the third decade of the Information Age, some governments, including that of the country that started the technology revolution, still think that they can lie to their people and get away with it!!
- Sports, the best outlet for the physical energy of our youth, and the best preventative medicine for the not so young, is transformed into the spark that starts a disgusting & outrageous violence and an overnight deep hatred between two sister countries!! I suggest we invite Israel to play in the Confederation of African Football.
- Despite not winning any titles in 77 years and losing to every team in divisions 1, 2 & 3 of the Egyptian and even non-Egyptian leagues, I am still supporting Zamalek!!!
If you have actually read the above list and reached this paragraph, then here is the one thing that puzzles me the most: How come you keep coming back to this blog and reading my posts in spite of the absolute stupidity I write here week after week???
p.s. If you are Arab, then please note that by reading this post you are done with one forth of all the reading that you are expected to do in 2010. So please do slow down. We don't want to burden the UN with unnecessary updates to its statistics.