Saturday, December 8, 2007

I want to live my next life backwards

What if you live your next life backwards?
You start out dead and get that out of the way.
Then you wake up in an old peoples home feeling better every day.
You get kicked out for being too healthy.
You go collect your pension, then, when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day.
You work 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.
..........................
(if you want to read the complete version of this chain-letter, click here )

I usually delete junk mail as soon as I receive it. For some reason, I glanced through this one before hitting the delete button. I'm glad I did as it made me ponder how we usually make the most crucial decisions in our lives during our teens. Those grave decisions determine our career, job, income, environment, friends, spouse(s), kids,.....thus every aspect of our future.

Were we qualified and well prepared at this tender age, characterized by inexperience, naiveness, and unrealistic expectations to do so? Were we properly guided at home or at school to be able to choose wisely? Even if we were blessed with caring and omniscient parents or teachers who were ready to give us their own experience to benefit from, would we have listened to their advice?
My answer to all of the above is: "I don't think so".

Accordingly, if you are above 40, and looking back on your life you see that you made at least one successful decision (career, marriage, ...), then do consider yourself lucky and blessed.

I am happy with most of my decisions, but if given a chance to live a next life, forward or backwards, I will definitely choose a different .................. career.

p.s. My husband checks this blog regularly, so revealing a different choice would not only impact my next life, but this one too!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not only your husband who is reading your blog and wondering of your decisions about career, marriage and most important about your friendships......
Have a great day!

nahoul said...

Dear anonymous friend,
Just tell me who you are so I can tell you if I have second thoughts about my friendship to you or not.
Take care.