Saturday, January 5, 2008

Lost in Translation

Don't worry, I will not write a review of the movie by this title since I did not even watch it. I know, this minor detail did not stop me from writing about Bamako & 7een Maysara, but I won't do this here. I just wanted to express how frustrated I am for being lousy at translation.

My school friends claim that we actually took translation classes at school (I have no recollection of this at all). They even remembered, five & fivy (see what I mean), that our translation teacher was Mrs Wadida Wassef, who later became a writer and translated Yusuf Idris' The Cheapest Nights to English.

I apologize to you for past, present, & future translation errors. I also apologize to Mrs. Wassef (God bless her soul) for not remembering her. And I finally apologize to my parents for ditching classes.

p.s. I wonder what is the name of Mrs. Wassef's dad? I hope it was Wadee3 or any name that starts with a W . If this turns out to be the case, I vow to start a site for her at the address www.www.com (Why does my messed up brain come up with these stupid ideas????)

No comments: