Thursday, February 28, 2008

Watanee Habibi

I don't believe in miracles, so I know that Arab Nationalism is dead (and shebe3 death).

In spite of being involved in two great wars with millions of casualties, and in spite of speaking 35 different languages in so many countries, the Europeans were able to accomplish what the Arabs attempted but failed to do. They developed the Coal & Steal Community into a Common market, and then into a European Union body which now includes fifteen countries (and growing). Moreover, citizens of any of the member countries are granted free travel and work permits in any of the other member countries. Those citizens also share the young but very strong Euro.

As an Arab who once dreamed of an Arab union, I do envy and respect the European success. We Arabs share much much more than the Europeans did, so what is the reason for our great failure???

Until you & I find the answer to this question, (I know the answer to this question, but I won't be able to share it with you cause I do not fancy Arab Jails) I will leave you with a great song that is all what's left for us (for now) from our dead dream: Watani Habibi

BTW, why are there five females and only one male singer??? Could this be the problem??? We don't have enough REGALA in the Arab World??? (gamda! gamda!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not think any "Arab" is going to comment on this, I guess everyone knows the answer in their heart, what I wanted to comment on was the definition of "regalah",unfortunately, we, and the Europeans do not have the same interpretation for what "regalah" represents or stands for, basically, the problem cannot be lack of quantity in "regalah".